Thursday, October 2, 2008

stumbling upon things






Today I wandered around with the intention of exploring some things that my friend John showed me yesterday, and I was heading in the direction of where he was having lunch so we could walk afterwards. However, I took a wrong turn somewhere and instead of going to the Covent Garden market and then to Soho as I'd planned, I ended up walking through Chinatown, Leicester Square (awful), and then finally stumbled upon a route that led to something more interesting.

Here in these photos, you see the Marlborough House on Pall Mall (do the names make you want to light up a cigarette?), a hat shop on a passage near Pall Mall, a contender for the Smart car that only took 1/3 of a parking space, the Chocolate Bar at Harrods, and a window display at Harvey Nichols.

This evening, I saw an amazingly great Palestinian-themed play in East London with my friends John and Jan, and met one of the playwrights, as well. A pretty terrific day, overall.

No comments: