Friday, November 5, 2010

random stuff

Today I walked around in the 3eme again...mostly to buy this amazing ras al hanout blend at a spice shop that requires you to ring a bell to get in (Le Goumyande, I think it's called).

Then I walked around, ate some Lebanese food at the Marché des Enfants Rouges, and in general spent another leisurely day as if leisurely days were normal. Ran some errands in the evening, bought some INSANELY GREAT cheese that was....I don't know what it was, but maybe it's good that I can't get it all the time.

Then I decided to go to the Apple Store near l'Opera before it closed tonight. I wonder what it's like during the day? iPads everywhere, and could just walk right up and try them out...and look at all the stuff that people downloaded to them during the day, I guess. Or is that dancing wedding video of the American couple always on the iPad display units?

Then, finally, I looked at the windows of the Galleries Lafayette. The Christmas stuff is already out....but the displays are ... well, they have Barbie dolls and stuffed animals and puppets...I'm not sure what they're selling, but it's amusing.













No comments: