Sunday, September 9, 2007

Back to bad habits

Well, there's no denying it: I'm definitely back, and back to my old tricks, as well. Today I walked to Amoeba Records to peruse the wares. I know--it's a compulsion. I have plenty of music. But you know how it is when you're into something....it's never enough.

Astonishingly, I don't walk out of Amoeba any more with an armload of CDs. Times have changed. I have a lot of what I want already, and the stuff on my wishlist is largely available only on special order from Europe or by digital download from web-only sellers. And like any record shop -- used or new -- even Amoeba has a lot of what I DON'T want: rack after rack of awful circuit-music CDs with ugly 3D cover art on them, and a seemingly endless supply of chillout compilations from 2001 with basically the same tracks on all of them but different bimbos on the cover.

Well, OK....I did buy three CDs. But I went in with a wishlist, and the chances of finding any of them was pretty remote. I guess I just couldn't leave empty-handed.

2 comments:

Bexy said...

Ooh, what did you end up buying?! Also, thanks for the link to my blog on your podcast page!

attitune said...

Let's see... I bought a midival pundits album--first time I've bought a Six Degrees album for a long time-- and volume 1 of "Mashed Mellow Grooves" (love that series), which I think is out of print, but I scooped it up for $8, and one that intrigued me, but which I knew nothing about: "Taruna: World Fusion 3," which turns out to be a German electronica artist and pretty good.