Monday, August 27, 2007

last day in Paris...

I spent my last day in Paris cleaning the apartment, running errands (I bought a cheap fleece pullover so I don't freeze to death), and then met my friend Pascale for an evening at Cafe de l'Industrie in the Bastille. I really like this place....and so do a lot of people....it's totally jammed! It normally occupies two buildings on facing corners, and right now only one of them is open, so the remaining one is standing room only. We got a table at 6:45, where Pascale insisted that we get drinks first (dinner before 8 is a no-no!).

I had carpaccio....brave, because my digestive tract is still a mess....but it was delicious...and she had steak tartare. I'll miss Paris, but not the grocer (he's closed on Mondays, thankfully). And I missed a few of the things I like to do when I'm here. But onwards....on Tuesday...to Switzerland.

Below is a photo of the slippery, winding stairs I traversed several times per day to my apartment. You wouldn't want to hang onto the banister too hard, though...it's loose! And there's a huge window between every landing, so if you fall, guess where you'll go?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love the stairs picture, cary. it brings back such nice memories of my fear of falling down the stairs and out the window all hours of the day and night! :D ah, rue pétion.

that aside though, it's a great place! :)