Wednesday, August 29, 2007

rainy day in Zurich

It pretty much rained all day today -- hard! -- but there was a brief break midday, and I took a few pictures.

I walked around part of the old town...first stopping in some shops (where I had a woman show me some black tshirts that ranged from 150-260 Swiss francs....how much is that? Probably almost $200). I saw a furniture store that I couldn't resist....check out the zebra sofa...and was baffled by a shop that appeared to be an upscale restaurant on one side, and on the other side, apparently sold pillows.

I also met my friend Tanja for lunch in a really cool vegetarian salad-bar place called "tibits." But it wasn't a typical salad bar....it had a lot of already-made, really yummy food, some of it Swiss, some of it Indian, all of it good.

Finally....here's a view from the window of the apartment, through rainy windows.





No comments: