Friday, October 10, 2008

new neighborhood, more food

On Thursday, John and I took the tube to Hammersmith to meet his friend Ramsay for lunch. We passed through an open-air market with stands selling some of the most amazing-looking food, and if we didn't have lunch plans already, I would have bought some. Here are photos of some type of vegan Caribbean food (including ingredients like pumpkin and sweet potato) and Moroccan dishes. After a nice walk, we met Ramsay at Saigon Saigon....where we feasted on some of the best Vietnamese food I've ever eaten- and I love Vietnamese food and eat it often. Everything was exquisite and had a totally unique taste.

After a leisurely afternoon, we took the tube to the High Street Kensington stop, where we looked at the biggest Whole Foods market I've ever seen (with multiple floors), then walked home through Kensington Gardens, which was relaxing, and then Piccadilly, which was not.

For dinner, we'd had plans to go with Jan to Belgo in Soho, a Belgian place that's underground, but it was too crowded. Incredibly, we ended up at Robuchon, where they treated me to an amazing dinner. Many thanks to them both.









No comments: